Thursday, April 5, 2007

0-2

Another loss for the Sox yesterday, 8-7 to Cleveland. I dunno, what can I say, when your pitching staff is giving up 10 runs a game there really isn't a whole hell of a lot I can do for you.

At this point the Sox aren't even playing baseball, they are playing bad softball. If they can manage to lose a game 3-2 then they will have graduated to playing bad baseball.

It's just amazing to me that a group of people could ALL go from being so good at what they do to so bad at what they do in such a short amount of time, but I guess when it comes to the White Sox' starting pitchers, there you go.

In fairness to Jon Garland, I think Jermaine Dye was equally as responsible for that 4 run second inning. He had 2 very catchable balls go over his head as the strong wind seemed to mystify him.

Don't worry. I'm sure things will get better in the next 2 series against Minnesota and Oakland. The Sox always play so well against those teams. Call me crazy but I don't think it's that unlikely that these assholes start the season 0-9.


***
In other AL Central action-

Twins 7, Orioles 2
Sure, the Twins get 7 great innings out of Ramon Ortiz, who had a 5.9 something ERA in the NL last year. Of course..it makes perfect sense. Fuck I just give up with this team. They could announce that Brad Radke is coming back and will now be pitching left handed and he would win 18 games. Everything they touch turns to hot naked women.

Tigers 10, Blue Jays 9
Detroit very very close to blowing a 9-0 lead, but Jason Grilli's long relief work is not a critical success factor for this team so who cares.

Red Sox 7, Royals 1
Keep an eye on the Royals relief pitching in the early going of this season, because knowing Kenny Williams they will all be pitching for the White Sox by the end of the year.

Also, Brandon McCarthy made his Rangers debut last night. He gave up 5 runs on 10 hits and somewhat amazingly didn't strike out anyone in six innings of work, taking the loss 5-3 to the Angels. With those kind of numbers, McCarthy would be the ace of the White Sox staff.

***
Today's AL Central Action

INDIANS (Sowers 7-4 3.57) at WHITE SOX (Buehrle 12-13 4.99)
My pick- Indians. Fuck it from here on I out I expect defeat every day until they give me a reason to expect otherwise.

BLUE JAYS (Chacin 9-4 5.05) at TIGERS (Verlander 17-9 3.63)
My pick- Blue Jays. I think the Blue Jays are this year's Tigers, and I think they'll show it by winning this series. I also think Gustavo Chacin is the funkiest man I've ever seen.

RED SOX (Matsuzaka NR) at ROYALS (Greinke 1-0 4.26)
My Pick- Red Sox. Hickory Dickory Dock. Hope you are ready for ESPN's year-long ride on Dice K's cock.

Christ, let's get a win today. It's really not that hard. Even horrible teams do it 60 times a year.

No comments: