Monday, July 30, 2007

USA "Invasion" Help Iraq Win Asian Cup


I'm sitting here at an airport in Japan waiting eight hours for my flight back home to the States. I was recently in Vietnam where their firewall prevents me from accessing this site. Two things about Vietnam: 1) I never accidentally caught dudes doing inappropriate things to others dudes so much as I did in Vietnam (twice), and 2) the official soundtrack to Vietnam should be the Pirates of the Carribean because that's all they do here.

Some good and bad news for America. The Canadian dollar is worth more than the American dollar right now. How shitty is that?

Also, Iraq won the Asian Cup. I was happy for team until Iraq captain, Younis Mahmoud, decided to take his time of glory to shit on the USA:

"I want America to go out," Mahmoud said. "Today, tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, but out. I wish the American people didn't invade Iraq and, hopefully, it will be over soon."
Whatever your political beliefs about the war, this guy's statement is fucking bullshit. While he's sitting there raising the Asian Cup and shitting on America, he seems to forget that the former head of Iraq soccer, Saddam Insane's son, used to torture Iraqi soccer players and rape their wives for poor performances. Hey Mahmoud, sorry for the "invasion" into your country, but your team was just NOT getting the soccer job done. So we decided that stopping the torture and rapings on your team may help you guys play better. Oh, you have an Asian Cup? Wow, we were right.

The other big soccer event is the Superliga, a tournament pitting four MLS teams against four FMF (Mexican Soccer) teams. Sad to say, but my Club America is getting and got RAPED by MLS teams. Yes it's preseason still for CA, but we need to shore up more than two goal chances total with the fucking payroll we have. By the way, Houston looks for real.

I should be home tonight. Group hug all.

No comments: