Monday, February 5, 2007

Blame it on the rain?

Whatever you do don't put the blame on you
Blame it on the rain yeah yeah
You can blame it on the rain
Get
Ooh, ooh (ooh)
I can't, I can't. I can't, can't stand the rain
I can't, I can't. I can't, can't stand the rain
Yeah, yeah


Prolific lyrics from the man-band Milli Vanilli. Could it be the reason for the Bear's collapse in Miami?

No. I propose a different reason. I blame this squarely on the "Rons".. Turner and Rivera. As offensive and defensive coords for the Bears, its their responsibility to outcoach the opposition. In this game, the 2 of them apparently could not outsmart the Colts guy who looks like he's 86 and in need of some new reading specticles, in the rain, squinting to barely make out who is playing WR on the near side of the field.

This game was going to be played based on the defense leaving the offense 1 possession away from winning/tying the game. Its a risky move, generally, but the Bears bread-and-butter all season. I thought it was too risky for this game. The bend-don't-break defense broke badly a few times and left Brian Urlacher throwing his hands up to the sidelines in digust with the play calling. Just think if he was allowed to step in front of more of those 8-12yd passes, like on the Colts first offensive play.

And the offense, what can you say. Ron Turner called for a steady diet of running the football and throwing to the outside of the field. It made me want to run to the bathroom and throw up, especially when the guy on the other team used a steady diet of running the football and throwing to the middle of the field, resulting in 1st-down after 1st-down. On a rainy day, that is the way to go, and my fear before this game started (see my post from 1/26).

We've lived thru this all year with Fumbles McGrossman. I only hope that this gives the Bears a swift kick in the arse to find a real QB who can play amonst the best in the league. Could you imagine if Rex was actually picked for the Pro Bowl this year? I imagine it could result in the first public booing at a football game played in Hawaii.

At least we have that 92yd kickoff return from Devin Hester to remember, oh and Rob and Fab.. Ahh.. those were the seconds..

No comments: