I shit all over DirectTV and their Searching For Satellite Signal 771. So much for my Sunday. I wish Dec. 21, 2012 would just hurry up and get here already so I can end this grotesque charade.
Now that I've got that off my chest, let's see how Day 2 of NFL Free Agency has unfolded...
- The Falcons landed a much-coveted free agent prize, signing former Charger Michael Turner to a 6 year deal. Turner has been LaDanian Tomlinson's backup his whole career, but will be the starter in Atlanta. Until he gets hurt.
- A day after trading for LB Jonathan Vilma, the Saints continue to overhaul their defense. They signed Jacksonville DE Bobby McCray, who had 10 sacks in 2006 before having a bad 07, and Patriots corner Randall Gay, who is best known for having the worst selling jersey in the NFL.
- The Patriots have lost a receiver from their record-setting offense. No, not THAT receiver. Randy Moss is still a free agent. Donte Stallworth isn't though. He's going to be Derek Anderson's #2 wideout in Cleveland. Or will he? Brady Quinn is starting to bitch and moan that he wants to start. Which of course, doesn't seem to be the plan given that the Browns just threw all that money at Anderson yesterday. So what Quinn really seems to be saying is "I want to be traded".
- The Jaguars have been spent more money than I have this weekend, which is a lot. A day after signing Jerry Porter, they sign Chargers corner Drayton Florence. Florence lost his job this year when Antonio Cromartie filled in for him one day and started playing like Teen Wolf. They gain Florence, but lose DT Marcus Stroud, who was traded today to the Bills for the ever popular "Undisclosed draft choice". When he's healthy, Stroud is one of the best defensive tackles in the game, but he hasn't been healthy since 2005.
- It took Philly one day to replace Javon Kearse's broke ass. They signed former Raiders DE Chris Clemons to a five year deal. Clemons had 8 sacks for the Raiders last year. This after signing corner Asante Samuel yesterday.
- The Jets landed one of this free agent classes top prizes by signing Steelers guard Alan Faneca. The 31 year old Faneca is getting $21 mil in guaranteed money, as the Jets hope his addition to a line that already includes 06 first round draft choices D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold will help Thomas Jones score more than the one TD he scored this year.
- Bears receiver Bernard Berrian has bolted the Windy City to join division rival Minnesota. He has to be really stoked about having Tarvaris Jackson launching the ball over his head for the next few years. This also leaves Devin Hester as the Bears' new #1 wideout, so they should be pretty awful next year.
- The Bears did re-sign LB Lance Briggs though. So they should have a so-so defense and a horrible offense. I'm really excited about this.