Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Night Doubleheader

Usually I hate this Monday Night doubleheader. I get home too late to see most of the early game, and go to bed to early to see most of the late game. This year is different since I took the day off today, which means the early game is no problem for me, and I'm still on Hawaiian time, so I should be able to stay up for most of the late game. I have the added bonus of having my fantasy game on the line, as a big performance out of Darren McFadden can nail one down for me.

VIKINGS AT PACKERS

PREVIEW
Brett Favre's face is actually on the ticket stub for this game. They were supposed to retire his number tonight. I propose an alternate ceremony where Ted Thompson takes a big steaming dump on a Favre jersey at the 50 yard line, then wipes his ass with an 8x10 of Vince Lombardi. I'd pay to see that. Aaron Rodgers dressed in a full Civil War Union soldier uniform for the bus ride to the game. This in itself earns him 1,000 points in my book. Minnesota's pass defense stunk last year, and Green Bay has the weapons to exploit that.

MY PICK- PACKERS 27, VIKINGS 14

FULLTIME UPDATE
How's an 82% completion percentage, a 115.5 passer rating, and a win over the supposed co-favorite in the division on Monday Night Football grab ya for the big debut? It grabs me just fine. Aaron Rodgers, you are cold as ice! Cold blooooded!!! 103 rushing yards and a TD for Adrian Peterson, but it's in a losing effort.

FINAL- PACKERS 24, VIKINGS 19

BRONCOS AT RAIDERS

PREVIEW
Both teams are horrible at stopping the run, and both can run the ball pretty well. This should be a weird game where both teams are continually gashing each other for long runs. Interesting nugget is that last time these teams met, the Raiders actually thumped the Broncos pretty good, beating them 34-20 in Oakland. Denver's still going thru their annual running back dosey doh, and they are missing their best wide receiver, so I say the Raiders do it again.

MY PICK- RAIDERS 27, BRONCOS 24

FULLTIME UPDATE
I liked Greenberg and Golic in the booth during last year's Opening Week Monday Night Late Game, they got on my nerves this year. Maybe it was just because Lane Kiffin in his infinite wisdom couldn't find a way to get Darren McFadden on the field more than once every 10 plays, leaving me 3 points shy of a fantasy win. Broncos rookie WR Eddie Royal had 9 catches for 146 yards and a TD, pinballing around the field like he was Gizmo Williams or something. D'Angelo Hall racked up I think 150 yards in personal foul penalties. I hope that d-bag that commented on my less than flattering Raiders preview a couple of months ago was watching this abortion. Lane Kiffin, grab a harmonica and take your seat next to Scott Linehan, Mike Nolan, Marvin Lewis, Jim Zorn, and Rod Marinelli on the Vessel of Doomed Coaches.

FINAL- BRONCOS 41, RAIDERS 14

1 comment:

GRRM Jr. said...

No no my friend..aaron rodgers=good...i am 100% in aaron rodgers corner