Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Less Than A Week Until "Baseball Tonight" Sends Me On Swath of Mayhem

I need March to end, like now.

Last night I am watching SportsCenter, and Buster Olney throws in his two cents on the Indians, and bestows this nonsense on me. This isn't verbatim, but I will use quotes nonetheless:

"The Indians remind me a lot of the White Sox in 05, and the Tigers in 06. The reason why is starting pitching. They have CC Sabathia, who was one of the best starters in baseball last year, and Jeremy Sowers, who could be a good starter by the end of the year." End communication.

Okay so the Indians remind you of two teams that went to the World Series the last two years, and you say this because you like their starting pitching. Then you tell me they basically have one good starting pitcher and 3 schmoes you didn't bother to mention, and a fifth starter who might be good by the end of the year. And this reminds you of the 05 Sox and 06 Tigers staffs how????

You know whose rotations remind me of the White Sox and Tigers rotations? THE FUCKING WHITE SOX AND TIGERS....who play in the same division as the Indians.

Christ, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with this Cleveland circle jerk.

1 comment:

dook!e said...

The best thing about Robert Stanbury Olney is that you can be a pulitzer prize winning author, a baseball hall of fame voter, a network commentator, and still never cease to amaze millions of people with loads of crap like that.