Friday, March 30, 2007

Team With No Weaknesses 43 Year Old Ace On DL



A hell of a lot of bad-ass news for the Tigers. In a development that confounds all baseball experts, the one team in the Major Leagues who are deemed to have no weaknesses, saw Kenny Rogers, their 43 year old ace who threw over 200 innings in the regular season and playoffs last year, go on the DL with a "tired arm".

Buster Olney was reached at his home and said, "I am shocked. I thought the Tigers were rock solid with this old, old man at the top of their rotation. I never would have imagined that a man old enough to be a grandfather could have a tired arm. Now, if you would have told me Mark Buehrle, a 28 year old guy who is obviously well past his prime and has lost an all important couple of miles of hour off his fastball, was going on the DL, I would have no problem with that. But this is unbelievable. What a tragedy that the Tigers have been blindsided by this injury to their geriatric ace."

No comments: