1. "Lost" may never solve its mysteries, but the world of futbol seems to wrap its own mysteries up pretty quickly. Consider the mysterious case of why Robinho fled to Brazil last week. Now we know.
He allegedly sexually assaulted an 18 year old woman at a night club in Leeds 2 weeks ago. Figuring the heat would be on him, he did what a lot of people do when they are in trouble with the law, which is to run away to Brazil and hide from the law. He is hiding no longer though, as it has been confirmed he has met with police regarding the investigation of the incident.
So given this, it's award time. The winner gets this trophy I've designed:
a. Robinho sexually assaulting an 18 year old and running away to Brazil
b. Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the leg
c. Eddy Curry sexually harrassing his male chauffeur
Get your votes in!
2. A cadre of teams trying to avoid relegation in the Premier League were in action yesterday..
- Tottenham got goals from Aaron Lennon, Jermain Defoe, and Michael Dawson to cruise past Stoke for their first Premier League victory in over a month. Spurs are now 3 points clear of the 5 team pile of crap tied at the bottom of the league they were in entering the match. Stoke is still a part of said pile of crap.
- West Brom is also still tied for the bottom, as they got blasted by league leaders Man U 5-0. United got a pair of goals from Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Sunderland increased their cushion from the drop zone from 2 points to 5 with a 1-0 win over Fulham.
3. Hey let's give the Dutch league some love. 4 time defending champions PSV Eindhoven are limping along in 5th place this year, 15 points behind leaders AZ Alkmaar. Team management has deduced that since this is coach Huub Stevens' first season is in charge, and everything was great before he got there, that he's the problem. So they superkicked him in the face and fired him. Like Shawn Michaels did to Booker T here.