So...uhh..Plaxico Burr...uhh he's in jail. Erm, Brett Farve...he changed teams and fucked Madden 10. Well...Manchester United lost! They..were..erm...terrible. Or uhh, fuck it, here are 10 random soccer and football facts that are more interesting than Man U, Plax, and Farve:
1. There was a 10 year old girl in 2001 who was a professional soccer commentator in Brazil.
2. Uruguay is a country between Argentina and Brazil winning 4 World Cups, but no one cares about them.
3. Soccer is called "football" in every continent except North America.
4. Most soccer players run around 7 miles per match.
5. In 1957, the Salisbury and District FA of Rhodesia officially approved the payment of £10 to hire a witch doctor. Salisbury had lost every match the previous season.
6. A referee at a friendly match in Brazil drew a revolver and shot dead a player who disputed a penalty decision. The referee escaped in horseback.
7. Everton used to play at Anfield.
8. Derived from the English game of rugby, American football was started in 1879 with rules instituted by Walter Camp, player and coach at Yale University.
9. The Chicago Bears hold the record for the most games finished in a tie over a single season with six ties (1932).
10. The average length of a player's career in the NFL is 3 ½ years.