- Former Man U star Carlos Tevez had both of Man City's goals in their 2-1 win at the City of Manchester Stadium. Ryan Giggs banged in a rebound of a Wayne Rooney shot to give United the lead in the 17th minute. Tevez equalised on a PK late in the first half after Rafael was whistled for tugging on Craig Bellamy's shirt in the vicinity of the penalty area. I say in the vicinity because whether it was inside the box and thus warranted a PK is questionable. Tevez headed in the game winner in the 65th minute. Tevez had a long, drawn out transfer saga last summer that ended with him signing with United's crosstown rivals. The second leg of this series will be at Old Trafford, with the winner moving on to the Carling Cup Finals. Aston Villa tries to nail down the other finals berth today, they lead Blackburn 1-0 and face Rovers at home.
- Arsenal will be trying to move into a 1st place tie with Chelsea in the EPL when they take on Bolton at the Emirates today. It's the second match of a home and home, as Arsenal took care of the away end of it pretty easily this past weekend with a 2-0 win.
- For all the weeping and gnashing of teeth over Liverpool's wretched season, they can move within one point of a qualifying Champions League spot and 4th place in the EPL if they can win at home against Spurs today. Conversely, a loss would really put them in a huge hole as far as any hopes of returning to Champions League play this fall.
- French side Bordeaux is having a wonderful season. They are in first place comfortably in Ligue 1, and still alive in Champions League play, having advanced to the final 8. They are in action today against Grenoble in Ligue 1.
-Didn't take long for Mike Nolan to find a new home, he was hired by the Dolphins to be their new defensive coordinator barely a day after being fired by that little tyrant Josh McDaniels in Denver.
- And from the "that was weird" department, Deuce McAllister is retired again. Lots of times teams bring back old stars to be on their sideline for big games and provide inspiration of some sort. The Saints bizarrely went the extra mile of actually having McAllister suit up and be on the active roster last week. That's over now.