Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Starbury.. I thought I knew ya..



On Monday, New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury was in Albany, N.Y., promoting his brand of affordable sneakers. He was asked about Michael Vick, and said, according to Newsday:

"We don't say anything about people shooting deers and shooting other
animals, you know what I mean? From what I hear, dogfighting is a sport.
It's just behind closed doors and I think it's tough that we build Michael
Vick up and then we break him down ... I think he fell into a bad
situation."


Ahh.. riiiight. Ok first of all, its "deer" plural.. not "deers". Secondly, people didn't build Ron Mexico up as the owner of an illegal dogfighting business, they built him up as an entertaining person to watch on a football field. Third, how do you "fall into a bad situation" when you created, funded, participated and profited from an ILLEGAL AND INHUMANE BUSINESS! From what you hear? Its a sport? Starbury has been to many dogfights, I can guarantee it based on that comment. And he may have shot a few dogs, but what do you call electrocution, drowning and poisoning???

Affordable sneakers?!? Sneakers?!? -Jim Mora

Update: Starbury only provided 3000 boys sneakers to schools, apparently girls don't play basketball in New York.

No comments: